New Deadline, New Prizes! Get Your MCUL/MCUF Award Nominations in ASAP
Do you know someone who works around the clock to make the Michigan credit union community a better place? Or someone who is changing the way young people think about money? Has your credit union done such amazing things in the past year that the world needs to know?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to click here to submit a nomination for the 2013 MCUL/MCUF Awards.
The deadline for submissions has been extended to Friday, Feb. 1, now with new prizes for every category:
- Distinguished Service Award: the winner will receive a $2,000 prize as well as a $2,500 scholarship to a Michigan college/university to designate to the recipient of his/her choice.
- Credit Union Professional of the Year: the winner will receive a $2,000 prize as well as a $2,500 scholarship to a Michigan college/university to designate to a recipient of his/her choice.
- Outstanding Credit Union of the Year: the winning credit union will receive $2,500 to designate as a scholarship or to donate to the Michigan-based charity of its choice.
- MCUL Chapter Effectiveness Award: the winning chapter will receive $1000 to donate to the Michigan-based charity of its choice.
- Young Professional of the Year Award: $500 prize
- Credit Union Youth Advocate of the Year: $500 prize
- Award for Excellence in Consumer Education: $500 prize
- International Credit Union Development (ICUD)- $500 prize
- Credit Union Community Volunteer of the Year Award: the winner will have the honor of selecting a Michigan college student to receive the Michigan Credit Union Foundation’s $5,000 Woodman-Wilde Memorial Scholarship.
In addition to these prizes, anyone who submits a nomination for any of the above categories will be entered into a drawing to receive a $500 prize.
The nomination process is easy to complete and can be done online. Simply explain in 250 words or less why your nominee deserves one of the awards. Up to four supporting documents can also be uploaded for each nomination.
These awards offer an opportunity for the entire credit union community to recognize outstanding accomplishments that might otherwise go unsung.
For any questions about the process, please contact MCUL & Affiliates Public Relations Manager Mona Shand at Mona.Shand@mcul.org or (800) 262-6285 ext. 246.
Submissions to Monitor may be emailed
. Bryan Laviolette is the editor of Monitor. Contact him by email
or call (800) 262-6285, ext. 233. The newsletter of the Michigan Credit Union League is published Monday mornings or Tuesday mornings when Monday is a holiday. There is no Monitor the week after Christmas and the week after the Annual Convention and Exposition. The MCUL reserves the right to edit submissions for clarity and space.