Two Weeks Remain to Submit Nominations for MCUL/MCUF Awards, Win Prizes
With two weeks to go in the nomination period, it’s clear the judges will have some tough decisions ahead of them as they choose the winners of this year’s MCUL and Michigan CU Foundation Awards. Don’t let your candidate get left out of the process – get your nominations in before the deadline, which has been extended to Friday, Feb. 1.
New this year: every one of these prestigious awards comes with a prize:
- Distinguished Service Award: the winner will receive a $2,000 prize as well as a $2,500 scholarship to a Michigan college/university to designate to the recipient of his/her choice.
- Credit Union Professional of the Year: the winner will receive a $2,000 prize as well as a $2,500 scholarship to a Michigan college/university to designate to a recipient of his/her choice.
- Outstanding Credit Union of the Year: the winning credit union will receive $2,500 to designate as a scholarship or to donate to the Michigan-based charity of its choice.
- MCUL Chapter Effectiveness Award: the winning chapter will receive $1,000 to donate to the Michigan-based charity of its choice.
- Young Professional of the Year Award: the winner will receive a $500 prize.
- Credit Union Youth Advocate of the Year: The winner will receive a $500 prize.
- Award for Excellence in Consumer Education: The winner will receive a $500 prize.
- International Credit Union Development (ICUD): The winner will receive a $500 prize.
- Credit Union Community Volunteer of the Year Award: The winner will have the honor of selecting a Michigan college student to receive the Michigan Credit Union Foundation’s $5,000 Woodman-Wilde Memorial Scholarship.
In addition to these prizes, anyone who submits a nomination for any of the above categories will be entered into a drawing to receive a $500 prize.
To submit a nomination, click here.
For any questions about the process, please contact Mona Shand, MCUL & Affiliates public relations manager, at Mona.Shand@mcul.org or (800) 262-6285 ext. 246.
Submissions to Monitor may be emailed
. Bryan Laviolette is the editor of Monitor. Contact him by email
or call (800) 262-6285, ext. 233. The newsletter of the Michigan Credit Union League is published Monday mornings or Tuesday mornings when Monday is a holiday. There is no Monitor the week after Christmas and the week after the Annual Convention and Exposition. The MCUL reserves the right to edit submissions for clarity and space.