This Month’s Hot New Releases
With summer just around the corner, it’s a good time for a summer reading list. Here is the Compliance Best Seller List for June:
- Red Flags Rules: The Sequel – The FTC recently released a revised compliance guide “Filled with examples of red flags that can lead to stolen identity and how to combat this to protect consumers” – and it is a must read. It’s a sequel, as the original story was released in 2007. While the story has not changed, there were slight updates that are worth reviewing.
- Who Will You Be Caring For? – “Share with a service member you know today.” Just in time for Independence Day – this recent blog from the CFPB gives our service members some helpful tips on caring for others such as the elderly, disabled and sick while serving our great country. The blog offers practical tips, along with helpful resources.
- The Graduate – “Congratulations, welcome to the real world – now go get a job …” Yes, it’s time for your recent graduate to get that first job out of school. The CFPB offers guidance starting before the job hunt begins through their first few weeks of employment. Short, sweet and helpful.
- Inside Examiners’ Heads – “I laughed, I cried…” A closer look at what CFPB examiners will be looking for when examining under the new mortgage rules with new interim procedures. The first of a multipart series begins with hard hitting topics such as Truth (in Lending) and Equality (Equal Credit Opportunity Act). More is promised by this budding author.
- Just released: In Depth Mortgage Rules – “The prolific author, CFPB has outdone itself” This one-stop resource has everything you ever wanted to know about the Mortgage Rule Changes in one handy location. From Resources to Help You Comply, Quick Reference Charts and Additional Industry Information – put this on your Favorites list today.
These recent releases, along with the multitude of Small Entity Compliance Guides issued this spring by the CFPB, will keep you company by the pool or beach all summer long.
Submissions to Monitor may be emailed
. Bryan Laviolette is the editor of Monitor. Contact him by email
or call (800) 262-6285, ext. 233. The newsletter of the Michigan Credit Union League is published Monday mornings or Tuesday mornings when Monday is a holiday. There is no Monitor the week after Christmas and the week after the Annual Convention and Exposition. The MCUL reserves the right to edit submissions for clarity and space.