2015 Wegner Awards Nominations Deadline Nears
Credit union supporters have until July 31 to nominate individuals and organizations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented by the National CU Foundation. Winners will be honored at NCUF’s annual awards dinner on March 9, 2015, in conjunction with the CUNA GAC in Washington.
The nominations are for the following awards:
- The Lifetime Achievement Award honors an individual who has dedicated their life to promoting the credit union philosophy, created innovative concepts and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, national and international credit union movement.
- The Individual Achievement Award honors an unsung hero for their innovative concepts and/or accomplishments that are ongoing and current contributions to the credit union community for their work within the past three to five years. Accomplishments must have had a significant impact or a potential impact on the local or national or international credit union movement with measured results. Nominations must cite a specific subject of achievement such as financial literacy, service to the underserved, alternatives to predatory lending, and/or new products.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization, program or business for their innovative concepts, products and services that have had a significant impact on the local or national or international credit union movement with measured results.
“Don’t delay to nominate the finest individuals and organizations or programs for what are widely considered the highest national honors in the credit union movement,” said Danielle Brown, NCUF Director of Development and Donor Relations.
Nominations can come from individuals or organizations. The following are the three steps needed to make a nomination:
1. Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form on the NCUF website. ncuf.coop
2. Gather at least five letters of recommendation citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
3. Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to NCUF by July 31.
Questions about the Wegner Awards can be directed to Danielle Brown at email@example.com or (608) 556-2406.
Submissions to Monitor may be emailed
. Bryan Laviolette is the editor of Monitor. Contact him by email
or call (800) 262-6285, ext. 233. The newsletter of the Michigan Credit Union League is published Monday mornings or Tuesday mornings when Monday is a holiday. There is no Monitor the week after Christmas and the week after the Annual Convention and Exposition. The MCUL reserves the right to edit submissions for clarity and space.